W.C. Branham was industry-first with right angle hollow bore helical gearboxes that package an all ball bearing configuration in a leak-proof, sealed gearcase with a pre-lubricated design. The immediate benefits were achieving higher thrust and radial loads, lower operating temperature for greater efficiency, no leakage, and longer service life.
Each gearbox has two 45-degree helical gears that mesh at 90º to rotate power. They are bi-directional and slide axially along keyed shafts for easy installation. They are also vast improvements over "float" or "slide" style right angle models made by others. All W.C. Branham gearboxes are shipped pre-lubricated and installation ready. Our gearboxes and helical gears are made right here in Wisconsin.
We offer our gearboxes in a wide range of sizes. We have our Include-A-Shaft Series 10, which has an integrated shaft and gear combination. The gearbox is compact, where the center lines of the shafts are on 1-inch centers, making it ideal for uses in packaging machinery, for example. We offer a two-way, a three-way, and four-way configurations. Our mainstay product in our right angle geardrive line is our Insert-A-Shaft® gearboxes. Insert-A-Shaft gearboxes range in 1:1, 3:2 and 2:1 ratios and are also available in optional metric bores.
Insert-A-Shaft is another term for hollow bore design where a shaft can slide through the bores of the gearboxes. We make our Insert-A-Shaft gearboxes in five different sizes, which you can view by clicking on the individual product links below:
- Insert-A-Shaft Series 10 Mini - Compact gearboxes with only 1.0 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft Series 15 - Gearboxes with 1.5 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft CRL Series 15 - Gearboxes for high cycle and continuous duty. Only 1.5 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft Series 20 - Gearboxes with 2.0 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft CRL Series 20 - Gearboxes for high cycle and continuous duty, 2.0 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft Series 22 - Gearboxes with 2.25 inch bore center line dimension, 2:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft CRL 22 - Gearboxes for high cycle and continuous duty, 2.25 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Insert-A-Shaft Series 25 - Gearboxes with 2.5 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 and 3:2 ratios.
- Insert-A-Shaft CRL Series 25 - Gearboxes for high cycle and continuous duty, 2.5 inch bore center line dimension, 1:1 ratio.
- Glide Right T-O-M S-R Crossovers - Sealed, Leak Proof Gearcase with Speeds to 1200 RPM and pre-lubricated.
- Glide Right T-O-M S-R Wash Down - Gearboxes with 1:1 Ratio, Base Mount, Right Hand Rotation, 'A' Bore .750 in. x 'B' Bore .750 in.
- Glide Right T-O-M S-R Metric - Gearboxes with 1:1 Ratio, Base Mount, Right Hand Rotation, 'A' Bore 20mm x 'B' Bore 20mm.
- Stainless Steel Gearboxes - Widest selection of gearboxes available. CRL types too.
- BWG Series 4 WORM Gearboxes - 10 and 20:1 ratios with integrated shafts, hollow bores or combination of both.
A majority of our gearboxes operate at 1,200 RPM, with our smaller gearboxes (the Series 10) at 1,800 RPM. Our Continuous Recirculating Lubricant (CRL) boxes are offered in a wide range of sizes, ideal for heavy-duty, high-cycle application. Our standard configurations are nice black, hard-coated cases. We also make a wide range of stainless steel gearboxes for wash down uses in the food processing industry, marine, or other types of applications requiring additional environmental protection. Our spiral bevel gearboxes are offered in several different configurations where they run at high RPM and are 1:1 ratios.
We also offer Custom Gearboxes
Despite the wide range of standard sizes and configuration options, sometimes a custom-designed right-angle gearbox makes more sense. Customized products can precisely meet your design specs. W.C. Branham’s engineering and manufacturing experts are always happy to assist you with design ideas as well as gearbox selection and implementation advice.
“We have very talented and experienced individuals who ask the right questions at the onset. Our response is phenomenal and I believe you will be amazed by the end result.”, says W.C. Branham owner, Troy Branham. We use the latest 3D CAD software and can provide 3D STEP CAD files for any of our gearboxes. Let’s talk about your application.